Your own reading log is provided when your register. Note that Year 7 & 8 students are automatically registered. In 2023 we are using an App called Beanstack to easily keep track of the time and books you read. Email library staff if you can't find your reading log link or password: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookmark your Reading Log link on the Whitefriars' Beanstack site on your laptop or app and add to it as the Challenge progresses.
When you are reading remember to use the app to fill in your reading log or after you have read.
This requires you fill in:
Please note that Total reading time will only be counted towards you or your House after the time has been verified by library staff.
More information about how to fill in your reading log will be added soon. However, if you need further assistance please email email@example.com
Welcome to Beanstack
At Whitefriars College we will be using Beanstack for competitions as part of our Read A Million House Competition.
Watch the video below to see how to sign in!
Below are some screenshots form the video about what you need to sign in.
The website address is: https://whitefriars.beanstack.com/reader365
Your user name is the first part of your email address
Your log in uses the word beans and the last four digits of your student number.
Need help to find your student number?
Look for a 6 digit number at the bottom left hand corner of your SEQTA
Use the last four digits
Your password is the word beans followed by those four digits eg for Rufus it is: beans1234
You are now ready to log in!
Log your Reading via your Notebook/Laptop on the Beanstack website
Once you Sign In to Beanstack you will see two sections.
Personal Reading Log on left with the clock symbol & Verified section with official badges you have earned on right
To log books go to the left - Personal Reading Log
You can enter reading time in two ways
In both cases you log reading time and then provide the book details
Log reading time at the time you read
1. Click on Start Reading Timer
2. Click on Start Reading
3. Read and enjoy
4. If you make a mistake, you can reset the timer - click on the circle with arrow icon
5. If you need to pause, click on the pause icon
6. When you have finished reading click on I'm Done Reading
7. The calendar will show the current date. You do not need to select a date if you are reading today.
8. Select the barcode icon
9. Scan Barcode from the back of the book - at the bottom of the back cover or type in the title and author of the book
10. Click on Log Reading
11. Remember that even if you achieve a badge in your reading log, you will need to get your reading verified to make it count towards your House tally.
Log minutes after you have done some reading
1. Read and enjoy
2. Click on Log minutes
3. The calendar will show the current date
4. Select the barcode icon
5. Scan Barcode from the back of the book - at the bottom of the back cover or type in the title and author of the book
6. In Time Spent Reading type in 5m for 5 minutes or 15m for 15 minutes or 1h for 1 hour
7. Click on Log Reading
8. Remember that even if you achieve a badge in your reading log, you will need to get your reading verified to make it count towards your House tally
Forgot to time your reading? Don't panic, you can estimate your time spent reading!
readinglength.com: On this website you can search for the book title and/or author of the book you read to get an estimate of the time an average reader will spend reading this book> down the page on left.
How Long to Read: On this website you can search for the book title and it will tell you the amount of time it will take the average reader.
HINT: When you type the minutes into Beanstack, select a number of dates so that you can spread the reading time over the days that you read the book.
If you cannot find a reading time estimate or have any other questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
We are happy to find reading time estimates for you.